TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — The 17th-ranked Texas A&M women’s tennis team dropped its regular-season finale to third-ranked Georgia 4-0 in a match that was rescheduled from March 14 due to COVID-19.
A&M (17-6, 9-4) will stay in Tuscaloosa for the SEC Tennis Championships. The third-seeded Aggies will play either Missouri, Arkansas or Auburn at 6 p.m. Wednesday. Georgia (17-1, 13-0) won the regular-season title.
Georgia 4, Texas A&M 0
Sunday at Alabama Tennis Stadium, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
(ITA rankings in parentheses)
1. (20) Tatiana Makarova, A&M, vs. (4) Katarina Jokic, UGA, 2-6, 1-5, unfinished
2. (60) Lea Ma, UGA, def. Jayci Goldsmith, A&M, 6-2, 6-3
3. Katya Townsend, A&M, vs. (16) Meg Kowalski, UGA, 2-6, 4-2, unfinished
4. (54) Morgan Coppoc, UGA, def. Dorthea Faa-Hviding, A&M, 6-2, 6-0
5. Riley McQuaid, A&M, vs. (63) Marta Gonzalez, UGA, 5-7, 0-1, unfinished
6. Elena Christofi, UGA, def. Isa Di Laura, A&M, 6-1, 6-0
(Georgia clinches the doubles point)
1. (8) Ariana Arsenault / Katarina Jokic, UGA, def. (39) Tatiana Makarova / Jayci Goldsmith, A&M, 6-3
2. Elena Christofi / Morgan Coppoc, UGA, def. Renee McBryde / Dorthea Faa-Hviding, A&M, 6-3
3. Riley McQuaid / Katya Townsend, A&M, vs. Lea Ma / Meg Kowalski, UGA, 5-6, unfinished
Order of Finish: D1,D2,S6,S2,S4* (*clinched the team victory)